Monday, September 8, 2008

Jonah hard at work

Recently Jonah decided he needed a new bike. He had discussed with us several times the possibility of getting a new bike. To his initial dismay, he would need to earn the money to pay for his new bike. His attitude soon turned positive when he discovered money jobs. Mowing the lawn is one of them. Funny story: John and I had talked about how much we would pay Jonah for each lawn. We figured $2 per lawn was fair, not too high, not too low. Meaning we'd be paying him $4 each time he mowed the front and back yards. When I sat down with Jonah to talk about how much we would pay, I said, " We'll pay you $2 to mow the lawn." And he said after pausing a moment, " One dollar a lawn, yeah, I think that's fine." A little surprised with his interpretation but willing to go with it I said, "Do you think it's a fair amount?" He said, "It's a lot of hard work, I sweat a lot, but I think it's worth it." Apparently $1 is big bucks at our house and I didn't even know it!

Jonah is a really hard worker, and mows the lawns with great efficiency. We really appreciate his happy attitude and gladly pay him his hard earned $2 each week.

3 comments:

FoxFamily said...

Wow! yOu got off easy with that one!! when I have grass I'll hire him (and pay a little more... :-))

Christy said...

I love that he is willing to work. What a great lesson you are teaching him!

Anonymous said...

Yay Jonah! I love Jonah. He's awesome. I'm so glad your grass is long enough to cut! It's getting so pretty.