Saturday, September 12, 2009

Camp Nauvoo with Mission Oak Ward

This year our Camp Nauvoo camping trip was in September. We stayed the night in a super fun tent cabin that the kids really had fun in. Plus that we didn't have to set up a tent was a real bonus!
Dinner was a yummy array of hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, beans and watermelon! Katie John and I pose after dinner for a quick picture.

Jonah and a bunch of friends went on a raft ride after dinner. As I should have guessed would happen, Jonah "fell" in the water.
After dinner John and I stayed up really late with a bunch of friends playing games. What a blast that was! I think we should do game nights more, I haven't laughed that much in years! I think my cheeks still hurt just thinking about it.

Every year the Primary takes the kids on a "lollipop tree" hunt. They take a short hike up into the hills searching for the mysterious tree. The kids just love finding it!Here they are with all their bounty!
Hopefully we'll be able to go there again next year. What a fun time we had--well, before we rushed off to Jonah's soccer game!

1 comment:

Christy said...

How fun. The tent looks AWESOME and so easy. I love the "lollypop" tree. What a good way to get the kids motivated to hike. Looks like everyone had a great time!