Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of year. It's fun to visit family and to let the kids run free with cousins while John and I are able to rest a little and chat. The family dinner tradition has always been on Thanksgiving @ 1:00pm. Those of us that make it bring side dishes or veggies to help round out the meal. My mom always makes a giant 25 lb. turkey, a big bowl of pink jello and of course an extra tray of stuffing! Grandma Betty always brings the pies for dessert. A fun tradition that started several years ago (I think my sister Angela started this) we began a "Thankful List" on which we write down all the things we are thankful for. The butcher paper is always filled by the end of the day. I am thankful for my family, friends, our house, John's job, being able to be and like being a stay-at-home mom, being healthy and of course my super helpful, caring, huggable other half, John.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of year. It's fun to visit family and to let the kids run free with cousins while John and I are able to rest a little and chat. The family dinner tradition has always been on Thanksgiving @ 1:00pm. Those of us that make it bring side dishes or veggies to help round out the meal. My mom always makes a giant 25 lb. turkey, a big bowl of pink jello and of course an extra tray of stuffing! Grandma Betty always brings the pies for dessert. A fun tradition that started several years ago (I think my sister Angela started this) we began a "Thankful List" on which we write down all the things we are thankful for. The butcher paper is always filled by the end of the day. I am thankful for my family, friends, our house, John's job, being able to be and like being a stay-at-home mom, being healthy and of course my super helpful, caring, huggable other half, John.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment