Only 7 more weeks! The time seems to have gone by quickly when I think back over the last several months, however when I think forward the time seems to drag. I do appreciate that being pregnant through the holiday's allows me a focus on something other than a super long pregnancy. This baby is very active and stretches many more times a day than I'd like sometimes. The baby finds my left hip bone and pushes upward in a manner that leaves my stomach stretching in two different directions at once.... ow! About a month ago this baby's movements could be described as a "popcorn popper", now we've moved on to strong rolls, stretches and hiccups as the space is getting more limited in there. I've made sure that our whole family got the flu shot and almost all of us have our whooping cough vaccinations up to date. I'm hoping that the whooping cough, cold and flu sicknesses will not be a problem for our small baby. I plan on keeping a tight hold on our little one at least for the first couple of months to help ensure he doesn't catch a preventable sickness. So don't get your feelings hurt if I don't let you hold our baby until the spring!
We don't have a name set in stone for this baby boy at this moment. We are narrowing things down and will hopefully be able to both agree on a first and middle name with little trouble. So far we've ignored the conversation quite well. I suppose with the due date coming up quickly we'd better get going.
John and I went on a hospital tour today of the new Kaiser Roseville labor and delivery. The Morse Ave. Kaiser closed their maternity ward when the new Roseville Women and children center opened last year. All of our babies to date were born at Morse, so it's a little sad. The new facility was very nice with clean shiny floors, wide hallways and private rooms for every mom and baby. Mostly the tour was for John, since he's the one likely driving, parking and navigating the building on our big day, but I learned a lot as well. I'm a little worried that Roseville is a lot farther than we normally have to drive, but it's a lot closer than South Sacramento. No one, especially John, wants a baby born in the car! Lucky for us John's work is right in that same area so he knows the streets and traffic patterns well.
The kids are being very supportive. It's nice to have a variety of helpers when I need to put on shoes, pick something up or just can't move fast enough. Keira has recently decided she also has a baby in her tummy and is always telling me how her tummy is getting soooo big! I am thankful for such a helpful, and funny family!
1 comment:
So glad you got a picture of your pregnant belly!! It does seem like it has gone by fast this time. Through the holidays always helps! Can't wait to hear what name you decide on!
Post a Comment