Sunday, March 13, 2011

One of My Creations

I've been looking for cute apron patterns on and off over the years. Recently I came across a pattern full of retro aprons that I liked, so I bought it. This cute apron I made from that pattern for my visiting teachers' daughter. When I was shopping for the material, I saw an example of this apron. I chatted with one of the ladies that works there (I know her from church) and she showed me how she'd had trouble with the flounce and improvised a fix. It's always nice to see a finished product. Knowing that I already had the pattern, I felt compelled to attempt it. As always it takes me a bit to understand the sewing instructions. About the 5th time through, and a day later, it finally dawned on me how to attach the flounce the way the instructions intended! It was truly a light bulb moment. It was so clear! Why didn't I understand it before?
Anyway I finally got it all put together in time for her wedding shower. Isn't the material fun? I even improvised and stitched bright blue (matching of course) thread around every edge. I am very happy with how it turned out. Now... if I could only get it together to make myself one!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh my goodness. This is ADORABLE!! I know you told me about it but it is even cuter then you described. I love it!! I hope you finally got one made for yourself!!