Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Arrow of Light

Jonah crossed over from cub scouts to 11-year old scouts today. His determination throughout the cubs program has earned him quite a few awards. One of his goals this last year was to earn all 20 Webelo activity badges. With a holidays and a baby coming right in the middle of our big push made things a little tricky. In the end Jonah was able to earn all 20 with time to spare! We are very proud of our hard working scout!
He is the first boy to earn all 20 in any of the leaders' memory. I think it all started on a whim, but when he heard no one had ever done it before: Challenge accepted! He also earned all his compass points, World Conservation Award, Leave No Trace patch and his Arrow of Light this last pack meeting. If you weren't impressed before, then know that he earned everything possible in his Webelo book. His energy for scouts is truly remarkable. I hope it continues into boy scouts. Our goal for this next year (besides beginning our scout adventure) is to earn our religious knot.

The crossing over ceremony has our cub scout literally crossing over a bridge to meet his new scout troop, the Dragons. We waved goodbye to our little boy and watched as his new troupe welcomed him. I'm sure I'll hear "Dragon Patrol! Feel the burn!" many, many more times in the next year.

No comments: