Saturday, April 16, 2011

Backyard Campfire

On a whim I decided that we needed to have a backyard bbq - camping style. I gathered a bunch of small sticks that had littered our yard for too long. It was time for them to go. Starting the fire was pretty easy and soon we had a good little fire going.
I showed the kids how to sharpen their sticks with a pocketknife. After everyone got going with their hot dogs, I was able to throw a couple of hamburgers on. Yum! There is nothing as tasty as a fire toasted hamburger!
The kids roasted quite a few hot dogs and then ran off to play a game of Frisbee. John, Jonah and Katie John ran back and forth playing for quite a while. Jonah is caught here (pictured above) leaping for the Frisbee with much enthusiasm. The small Frisbee is hard to see, it's that little white blip right in front of his hands.
Keira, Sariah and Lucas sit to the side playing in the green grass. As soon as the sun seemed to be going down we got out the marshmallows and started roasting. I love marshmallows! And roasted ones are even better! What a fun backyard adventure we had today, we should definitely do this more.

No comments: