Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School






The long awaited day has come. Katie John is finally a 1st grader. She seemed happy to be going to school again. She is excited about her new lunch box and drink bottle. We met Mr. Barnes and he seemed very energetic, very organized and very excited to be teaching 1st grade. Jonah is a late reader again so he had plenty of time to buzz around finding friends. He was very excited to go back to school and see who ended up in his class. I only saw Mrs. Walker in passing, but she seemed quite put together. We look forward to a productive year with her. The excitement of the first day has been tiring for me (and Sariah) and soon we'll be off for the afternoon pick up. For now this is all new and exciting, and I'm sure by next week this will all be old news. But for now school is cool!

4 comments:

FoxFamily said...

Fantastic!! How exciting! So glad you took pictures of it all!

scrapmomof5 said...

My girls started school today, too! I am so glad they love school.

beetlebabee said...

Wow, you guys are growing up so fast! KJ looks more and more like Jonah, stretching up all tall. Amazing.

Kelly said...

Yeah! Congrats to KJ for making it to full-tme school. Daniel takes the leap tomorrow. I hope things are still going well for you, 3 days later. :)