Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A long list with a lot of almosts...


I am a list maker. Here we are in the week before Christmas scrambling to finish all the things that need getting done. We leave for Arizona at the end of the week and my list still has many things left to do. Our tree is up, cookies made... but not yet put on the tree. The present list is almost finished... but not yet shopped for. The sewing machine is out... but the baby blankets aren't made yet. The laundry won't fold itself and keeps multiplying. My bananas are almost ripe for holiday bread... but I'm running out of delivering time. Life at Christmas time is often hectic and hurried almost beyond my sanity. I am wishing for calm this year. Maybe I should put that on my list...

2 comments:

FoxFamily said...

And that is why we need more hours in a day just to be spent however we'd leisurely like to. Aaaah...I can dream, right?

Karisa said...

The night before we started our 3 day drive to Sacramento, we were out delivering 15 assorted treat plates to people, which took 2 hours, and 15 wasn't enough. I wish I had done so much more to serve others this year. But like you said, just keeping up with everyday household chores is nearly impossible for me to stay on top of. So Pat always tells me, just don't bake! Don't stress! Just forget about it! I fully intended to this year, and then last minute, I couldn't. By the way... YOU'RE NEVER IN SACRAMENTO WHEN WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!