Jonah's pack meeting this month was dedicated to the rainwater regatta. Instead of the usual wooden boats that are worked on individually at home, the leaders came up with a really ingenious idea to do instead. The boys were able to carve their own boats out of styrofoam, color a sail to be stuck on by their choice of one or two sticks and pick from a variety of mascots (ranging from trees to cheetahs to cockroaches) to lead their boat to victory. Amazingly, siblings were allowed to also make and race their own boats, so Sariah and Katie John happily carved and colored.
Jonah says,"The rainwater regatta was SO fun because we got to carve our boats and that I won!"
WELL, actually we had two winners in our family! Katie John took the silver and Jonah took the gold in best boat design. Jonah didn't make the finals in the races, but did miles better than last year so we are super proud.
2 comments:
You guys have been busy! So much fun! I love the boats out of styrofoam!
I love the styraphome idea for the boats. So much easier and the boys can do it all by themselves. I am glad all went well and that Jonah won the best looking. Way to go!
Post a Comment