Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Joys of a Three Year Old

This last weekend we dove in and began a much needed project. Keira and a friend had "helped" our wallpaper in an attempt to make a "nest for a spider". I really don't know what that means except they thought they were being helpers. They ended up peeling a 4'x4' section of the wallpaper off in our dining area. Silly me, I was in the other room thinking they were eating their lunch.

With our fall party just days away we needed a quick fix and fast. Saturday afternoon we began stripping the wallpaper which, thankfully, came off very easily. I ran down to Home Depot for some paint and picked a color to match our wallpaper, I chose Haystack. I began to paint and realized quickly that the lemon color on my wall was not a match to the color swatch I had picked out. John suggested giving it a chance and to go ahead and paint the second coat. By the end of the day the paint was dry... and still not a match. As we turned off lights in the kitchen before bed, I said "now it matches!"
So here is a picture of the finished color. We decided to just strip and paint only the one wall in an attempt to keep the project small. I have hopes of returning to Home Depot and coming home with the correct color of paint. For now this works, and I'm on the look out for a picture or item to cover the now large blank space. Any suggestions on what might look good there and not fall off the wall easily? I guess I should keep my eyes open at thrift stores for the next few weeks to get some ideas.

2 comments:

Lulucarrot said...

Your kid's artwork in some inexpensive IKEA frames would be great there. Self Portraits would be pretty cool. Plus, if you go to IKEA everyone who is potty trained can go in the little day care there. My kids think it is the best!

Christy said...

My friend did something like that, framed her kids art work and put it on her wall. It looked really cool and the kids LOVE looking at it. By the way, I think that color rocks!!